Tuesday, December 30, 2014

December 29, 2014 - "Ditching the Apron" Two Week Post-Op Visit With Surgeon.


Our day started with genetic counseling at 8:00 am and then we crossed the street to Dr. Turk's office for my two week surgical follow-up. I love how the schedulers work together for the convenience of the patient! I had 8:00 and 9:10 back to back appointments which makes being a patient so much easier! I am waiting for the red carpet to come rolling out for me at anytime now! lol. I eagerly sign in hoping that I will be leaving today minus two "evil" drains, the remainder of the staples from my chest and that tacky apron that is such an eyesore hanging out from under my clothes! lol. One of my favorite nurses, Vicki, calls me back within five minutes of arriving. This is my third visit and for the third time, we walk right past the scales without stopping to weigh! I love this office more and more! lol. Dr. Turk comes in and is still very pleased with my progress and okays removal of drains and staples - YES! I am now 2 1/2 weeks out from surgery so he gives me the thumbs up to go back to Dr. Mitchell and get started with my chemotherapy. He says he wants to see me again in two weeks and I guess at that point the surgical leg of my journey will be ending. Maybe I will keep the apron and it can be my "first" journey souvenir! Yes - I believe I will!

2 comments:

  1. I think of you often and read your blog as you post. This unexpected journey is such a challenge evan for you with your strong wonderful positive outlook. I admire you so much for going through this with such a positive determination. You are setting quite a good example for others to follow. I know all things are possible with God and I have no doubt you are favored by Him and should be. I continue to have you in my prayers and thoughts. ♡♡

    ReplyDelete