Friday, December 5, 2014

December 2, 2014 - Surgeon visit.

My surgeon appointment was not until the afternoon and I just wanted something "cheerful" to do this morning, so I turned to Disney and watched "Saving Mr. Banks"! The "Go fly a kite" number would make the crankiest person happy, including P.L. Travers! Lol. You can always count on Disney! It's a good movie and was a great distraction.
We had lunch and made our way to the surgeon's office. The waiting room was nice and airy with lots of lighting and pretty bright colors. There was "busy" in the air with lots of patient activity. The nurse took me back without stopping at the scales - no mandatory weigh-in! That was my sign that I was in the right place! Lol. I then met with Dr. Peter Turk who went over all available options with me. He was so thorough and so kind and thoughtful. He was able to get me on next weeks schedule for breast surgery with port placement for chemotherapy. I left the office and said "wow! I am two for two" meaning 2 great physician visits back to back with surgery within a week! I can't tell you what a relief it is to get connected up to the right people and not have to play the waiting game. I am absolutely overcome with thankfulness and gratitude right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment