Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2, 2015 - Changing of the Dishes.


I love it when the calendar finally reads March and I can finally put away our winter dishes! I woke up so excited knowing it was "dish change" day! I love dishes and love changing them out to match the season. I am always looking and pricing different dish collections. My favorite "finds" have come from Craig's List, estate sales and the clearance closet at Belk. I truly cannot resist a good dish at a good buy!  If it is possible to have a fetish for dishes, I have it! lol. I started by putting away the snowmen dishes and began to clean the shelf as I usually do, except this time was different. I found myself thinking back to several years ago when Ricky decided to build this shelf over our kitchen sink. I remembered watching him repeatedly applying several coats of shellac followed by buffing until the finished product was undeniably perfect! I immediately fell in love with this shelf and loved displaying our dishes on it!  It's simple, practical and never stops working. It truly is the simple things in life that can give us the most pleasure and bring us the most happiness. 
I decided to go with my favorite set of spring dishes! These were made in Poland and are named Sheraton Rose. I bought these at an estate sale about twenty years ago. I fondly remember that day so  well. And of course I had to fill my favorite dish with our favorite homemade vegetable soup!
Simple pleasures ( my shelf ) are life's treasures. Slow down, enjoy and cherish the simple pleasures in life - find your shelf!

2 comments:

  1. I never knew that about you but what a wonderful fetish. I can relate and the soup looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete