Friday, March 13, 2015

March 11, 2015 - Preparing for my last chemotherapy tomorrow.



My twelve weeks of chemotherapy and this leg of my journey are quickly coming to an end.  I never dreamed that white shoe polish would be part of my journey! lol. I spent a lot of time today being excited and preparing for tomorrow and my last chemo. It has been a fast twelve weeks filled with humbleness and thankfulness. I have met so many wonderful people and learned so much that I now realize I would have missed out on had it not been for this journey. This was a very thought provoking day for me. We decided to take the grandchildren and a friend and visit at Alexander for their Wednesday night service for kids, youth and adults. We went by the little kids' class first (pictured below). They were raising their hands and taking turns giving prayer requests when one little girl raised her hand and ask that everyone with cancer be made well. "Out of the mouth of babes!" I fought back tears listening to her. She may have been all of eight years old! We moved on to the older youth class (pictured below). As I went in, I was immediately hugged by a teen wearing a "fight like a girl" blouse! Again, I fought back the tears. While the kids went to their different classes, we stayed for the adult service. Pastor Jerry started by requesting prayer for me and others followed. It always feels so good to be in the right place at the right time and really paves the way for a good night's sleep! This night was just what I needed before my big day tomorrow! To be continued...






No comments:

Post a Comment